Learn quickly and easily how to make poor-quality potatoes in the microwave. For this recipe you will only need a microwave and a few potatoes. We describe an easy recipe to know how to cook poor potatoes in the microwave. At ComerconArte we are experts in saving time to cook and make new recipes. We like to cook but also spend time with our friends and family enjoying good times. For this reason, we want to show you a quick and easy recipe to know how to cook potatoes in the microwave.
HOW TO MAKE POOR POTATOES IN THE MICROWAVE
Poor potatoes is one of the most typical dishes in our gastronomy. It is common to find it as a main dish or accompaniment to other main dishes. In addition, it is also one of the most popular recipes in Mediterranean cuisine.
The success of this dish lies in the simplicity of its cooking and in the use of basic foods. This simple combination offers enormous odds of success. To do this, all you need is a little practice and a taste for cooking, with these two qualities you can make an excellent dish.
In this case, our recipe is for cooking in the microwave. Poor microwave potatoes become a healthy, rich and easy alternative. It is an ideal option to combine as a garnish in vegetable dishes, grilled breast, veal, chicken or fish.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE:
To make this dish you do not need large resources, its ingredients are easy to acquire due to its low cost and access. In any supermarket, neighborhood store or food market you can find all the ingredients for this recipe. And best of all, in about 15/20 minutes you will have a delicious dish to surprise your guests.
- 2 medium potatoes.
- Garlic powder or 1 clove of garlic.
- Green pepper.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Water (40/45ml).
- Vinegar (to taste).
Steps to follow in this recipe
- Bathe a microwaveable container with extra virgin olive oil. To ensure that the entire base and walls of the container are well impregnated with oil, we can use a brush.
- Once the potatoes are peeled, cut them into slices. It is advisable not to cut the slices very thin so that they do not break or disassemble during cooking. Next, we cut the pepper and the onion.
- We place potato at the base of the container, the potato should be as a layer below the rest of the ingredients. We include in a second layer or floor the green pepper, the onion, the minced garlic and the salt. The third floor should be another layer of potatoes and the fourth the rest of the vegetables that are left unused (green pepper, onion, garlic and salt). We put a good jet of oil on top. (You can include a bay leaf, rosemary or thyme).
- Stir the entire mixture so that the oil permeates everything and aromatizes along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Then cover the container, if it does not have a lid you can use food-grade cling film.
- Include the container in the microwave for 3 minutes at maximum power.
- Uncover and add the water. Close it again and put it back in the microwave for 6 minutes at maximum power.
- We open it again and now include a splash of vinegar. It is returned to the interior of the microwave again and left at maximum power for another 2 minutes.
- Finally, return the container to another 2 minutes without a lid so that the top part is more crispy.
- Ready to serve.